The Future of Web Design: Up and Coming Trends
Expert Tips for website design
Web design is an intricate and progressive segment of website management. Each year web design trends evolve and the standards of digital design rise. New ideas, styles, and technologies develop, and businesses and brands want them incorporated into their designs. New color schemes, exciting technologies, algorithm changes, and font designs can have businesses in a panic to consistently keep their website up-to-date and appealing to their audiences. It can be a daunting task to keep up with the future of web design.
What is the Future of Web Design?
Planning ahead is necessary – as is keeping an open mind and being willing to try out new ideas to meet the customer’s needs. Online users take about 50 milliseconds before they decide to stay or leave a website, so the opportunity to make an impact and hold their attention is minimal. Design is imperative. Therefore, any resources spent to create an appealing website is considered a quality return on investment.
However, a visually appealing website is of no use if it is not user-friendly or cannot drive conversions. This is where the latest web design trends step in, and the employment of current technology can ensure websites stay ahead in the game, and drive traffic as well as conversions.
Website desirability in all forms continues to be the theme throughout the rest of 2019, and as the new year fast approaches, technology, and aesthetics continue to drive web design. Here are the 2020 web design trends to be aware of and to incorporate into your website plans, ensuring your brand remains relevant and competitive.
- Bold Typography has become more popular as a way to simplify web design and draw attention to brands. Try thick bold lettering to make a statement.
- Use bespoke images to capture the essence of your brand instead of using stock images.
- Incorporate tasteful radiant color schemes to engage the user without overpowering their visual experience.
- Bring your website to life with a background video to create more engagement and enhance the user experience.
- The three-line icon – sometimes referred to as the hamburger or hotdog menu – is a great way to create a neatly packed together menu that is hidden until needed, perfect for mobile-friendly websites.
- As more users access the web via a mobile device, mobile-friendly web pages are a must. Implement elements such as easy navigation, flawless contact forms, and simple homepage design and usability. These strategies improve user experience and reduce bounce rates.
- Card layouts have also become a popular design for gathered content and imagery for various screen sizes and mobile devices. Create cards for page or section titles, images, icons, or blocks of text containing information to create a streamlined look.
Hidden navigation is another trend used to create a minimalist web design aesthetic, which is expected to be one of the biggest web design trends in 2020. It is a simple way to create space and a clearer design for your web page.
As we move into the last quarter of 2019, use this time to assess your web design, and check for mobile device load times, ease of navigation, and clarity of content. If you discover your page lacks functionality in any of these areas, it’s time to enhance your design and utilize these 2020 web design trends to ensure you step into 2020 ready to drive conversions.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “The Future of Web Design: Up and Coming Trends”.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Watch it below.