How to Drive Increased Leads from Your Social Media
Expert Tips for increased leads from social media
Many business leaders make the mistake of believing that social media is only a useful means of building their brand. This couldn’t be further from the truth as social media can help businesses generate and refine leads.
If your social media strategy consists simply of authoritative posts, then you should take a look at these lead generation statistics concerning popular social media platforms:
- Social media marketing leads to a 45% decrease in spending for businesses.
- Businesses who used social media for lead generation increased their revenue by 24%.
With that said, let’s show you how you can generate quality leads through your social media profiles.
Understand Your Target Audience
Let’s start with the basics, lead generation isn’t similar to cold selling. It’s about gathering intelligence on your target audience and bringing these people into your sales funnel.
To understand your target audience, you should readily know the answers to these questions:
- What is your target audience interested in?
- What products or services could you sell to them?
- What are their pain points?
- How can you gradually convert them?
Fortunately, social media makes it easier to answer these questions. Why? That’s because people often share personal details about themselves on their social media platforms.
If you need to gather more information on your target audience, social media is the best place to look. Once you have this information, you’ll need to pick a platform where many of your prospects congregate.
Let’s discuss how you can do this.
Pick the Right Channel
From the top of your head, what social media platform would you use without asking any questions? Most businesses would choose Facebook.
After all, Facebook has billions of users and one of the world’s most prominent advertising tools. However, if you’re trying to reach B2B leads, LinkedIn may be your best choice.
This is where understanding your target audience comes into play. If your prospects are B2C consumers, Facebook and Instagram are great options.
However, if you want clients that are businesses, LinkedIn and Twitter are excellent choices.
Remember that there are millions of businesses that use social media to generate leads. People have become naturally numb to promotional copy on social media sites, so it’s important to get creative with your campaigns.
Here’s how you can do it with each major social media channel:
- Facebook: If you’re an eCommerce retailer, contests are the best way to go. This will help you gather the email information of contestants you can add to your email marketing campaign.
- Twitter: Use Twitter Cards are a great way of creating an eye-catching promotional message you can advertise to your prospects. In fact, one retail company received over 1,700 leads from this method.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn Premium gives individuals and businesses the access to reach qualified leads and contact them directly. Once you have this attention, offer a discount or free sample to refine your leads.
- Instagram: Use captivating videos to showcase a new product and use popular hashtags, as well as your own branded hashtag to spread the news.
Getting leads through your social media channels doesn’t have to be time-consuming or difficult. If you’re having difficulty, contact Accunity to see how we can help you today!
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “How to Drive Increased Leads from Your Social Media”.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Watch it below.