7 Steps to an Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy
EXPERT TIPS ON Facebook Marketing Strategy
Facebook is, without a doubt, the most popular social media network in the world. It has more than two billion worldwide users and is recognized across the globe. This presents all kinds of businesses with the golden opportunity to reach their target audience.
Of course, conducting a marketing campaign on Facebook isn’t always simple. Depending on the size of your campaign, your essential marketing dollars are on the line.
To ensure that your marketing campaign doesn’t go awry, you’ll need to develop a firm strategy. Here are seven important steps to help you build the perfect strategy for your Facebook marketing campaign.
1. Set Goals
An integral part of any marketing strategy is setting the right goals. You can’t simply jump into a random campaign and not know what your desired results will be. This will cause you to ultimately waste both your time and money.
Instead, you should ask yourself, “what is the purpose of my campaign?” Are you trying to build brand awareness? Do you want to simply advertise your products and services? According to Sprout Social, most brands use Facebook for the former.
If you don’t have many goals, to begin with, looking at this survey is certainly a great start. On the other hand, if you have your goals set up, making sure they overlap with these is ideal.
Are you having a hard time seeing just how Facebook can benefit your business? Check out how an effective Facebook marketing strategy can help you.
- Increasing qualified leads: Generating qualified leads is important for boosting your conversions. With Facebook’s smart targeting features, your campaign can reach potential customers that are most interested in your offerings and ready to buy.
- Adding more value: Facebook can help brands improve their awareness, nurture their customers, and reach their target audience.
- Monitoring competitors: Are your competitors a few steps ahead of you? Facebook provides social media marketing tools to help you track conversations in your industry and spy on your competitors.
- Recruiting efficiently: Social recruiting isn’t simple, but Facebook is a wonderful destination for reaching top recruits in your industry, especially if you work the social networks of top employees in your company.
- Growing intelligently: Facebook allows marketers to limit their spending, boost their acquisitions, and reduce churning. No matter if you want to increase your social selling or enhance your targeting, Facebook is the perfect platform to grow your business.
- Tracking progress: Tracking the progress of your campaign will allow you to make improvements and optimize your ROI.
2. Know Your Audience
It’s very true that Facebook is the most popular social media network in the world. However, that doesn’t mean that you don’t have to put forth any effort to understand your audience.
If you plan on using Facebook’s advertising tool, this step is very important. To give you some insight into the standard audience on Facebook, take a look at these statistics from Sprout Social.
Do these demographics align with your target audience? If so, you’re in luck. That means you can maximize your exposure on Facebook and generate sales from your campaign.
3. Engage With Your Audience
On Facebook, your audience wants to hear from you. Mainly, a lot of people spend their time associating with their favorite brands to ask them questions or address their concerns.
Just take a look at how these customers interacted with this brand.
In the same way, you should interact with your customers to drive increased conversions. This is especially true if your customers are taking the time to ask questions about your business,
4. Schedule Your Facebook Content
Many marketers don’t have time to make posts in real-time. As such, scheduling Facebook has never been more important. Before you schedule your Facebook content, it’ll be best to understand what type of content your audience wants.
There are several online tools that will allow you to schedule and automate your Facebook posts. This will give you the opportunity to plan ahead with your marketing strategy.
5. Determine Your Advertising Strategy
This is perhaps the moment of truth as many brands strive to use Facebook’s advertising platform. Facebook ads should be dynamic. If not, they could leave a bad taste in the mouth of your potential customers.
Think about it – have you ever seen a horrible TV commercial before your favorite show over and over again? If so, this is the same thing. Overall, you’ll have to experiment with different ads to see what your target audience prefers.
If you want to increase traffic back to your website, then you’ll need to track the click-through-rate of your ads and make adjustments. However, if you’re having difficulty building visibility on Facebook, you should revisit your content and see what’s wrong.
Lastly, if you desire to optimize your ROI and monitor your spending, you should set monthly goals and KPIs for your campaign.
6. Encourage Your Employees to Contribute
According to a recent report, 72% of people feel more connected to a brand when their employees shared information about them on social media. Employees often put an identity to a brand.
People will ultimately trust people more than brands, so make sure your employees help out with your brand awareness efforts.
7. Track and Analyze Your Results
The last step of building an effective Facebook marketing strategy is tracking your results and analyzing their meaning. Of course, you can’t keep your campaigns going on without evaluating your progress.
Following this step will allow you to make improvements to your campaign and achieve your goals. Although it may take some time to achieve preliminary results, continue to move forward with your campaign until you observe an area of improvement.
Give Us a Call Today!
Accunity specializes in developing high-performance marketing campaigns on Facebook. If you’re interested in growing your business using Facebook, then you’ve come to the right place.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “7 Steps to an Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy”.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Watch it below.